TERRORAISER ( Ukrania ) 2002
1. I am was shocked by your album "Killing Games". I am not waiting so great retro trash metal. I think that music of 85-86 years but not of 2000. KILLERS has 17 years. Are you always play this music? Tell about your band. I sure that during these 17 years there was many interesting things...
the only "survivor" of KILLERS Mark 1...
the new lead singer decided to stop musical activities I took his part
and during year 1991 KILLERS became a 4 members group definitively.
have recorded our ninth album " 109 " in 1999.
comes out "KILLING GAMES" in 2001 with the completely re-written
lyrics of "MAUVAISES GRAINES" tracks.
During the recording in june, our drummer Nicko ( Thierry's brother ) died in a motorcycle crash..
have decided to go on with Florent POUEY who was Nicko's roadie and a
very good friend of us.
2. As I understand, "Killing Games" is your first album in english? Till that time you are singing on french. Why these changes? Where you get ideas for lyrics?
took on XAVIER LORENTE who was the sleeve-designer of the very first Killers'album.
XAVIER said " O.k, sure i can do it ! " and five months later everything was ready to turn this project real.
I didn't want a perfect translation of the original french lyrics which were very personal, futhermore I thought it was much more interesting working on songs looking for a brand new direction.
French language and english one don't have the same delivery ( you must use more than 10 words in french instead of 5 in english to expess the same thing ! ) and Xavier has experimented technical difficulties to fit the words on all done musics . We even have had to change some melodies, but i think the result is much better anyway.
Nevertheless, i'm very happy 'cause tracks have different meanings now ...all the more since XAVIER has kept the original spirit and a certain .."Killers' touch"... XAVIER is a fucking great genius ! ! !
it's great fun: I can assure you that Killers' future albums will be recorded
in both languages.
3. I tried find information about KILLERS in many magazines, but it was without any succes. What do you think, why your band has not famous?
Because many of these magazines do not make correctly their job and are dictated their editorials by certain labels. Of the blow they do not any more want to look farther than the end of their nose because one is of use to them everything on a tray.
we sing in French and it is not the best road for the export.
4. Not so long ago KILLERS had released new CD. What differences from "Killing Games"?
"MISE AUX POINGS 2001" contains the music of "MISE AUX POINGS" ( released in 1987 ) with my voice.
1987, the vocal parts were sung by another singer with a very aggressive
Our true new album will go out late in the year on 2002.
5. Tell about french scene. Why not so much french metal bands became very known in the world in your opinion?
French scene is more and more important but the structures do not follow.
6. How much time you had play out of France? What reaction of fans was on your music?
in Germany for the festival of Wacken.
7. What do you plan for near future? Do you plan re-release your early albums on CD's?
are at present turning in France a lot.
8. What do you know about Ukraine? Tell something for ukrainian metalheads for the end...
know your wine ( Crimée is really great ) and I have it moreover
of excellent recollections.
I thank you in the name of all the group for your support and I invite you to contact us by mail ( email@example.com )
Good " Killing games ".